Here are some sites that may be of interest to you as they are about places/things in Portugal:
- Our sister site Helping Hands Portugal is well worth a visit if you are living in Portugal. The facebook page has useful information on life here. You can get help and advice on many things that can be a tricky – bureaucracy, heath, dealing with tradesmen etc.
- Some of the courses I run are held at the Meerkat in Alvaiázere who have a site here: http://meerkat-manor.com/
- If you are living in, or visiting Portugal, portugal spirit is a website that might be interesting to you. It’s a website celebrating all the good things about Portugal. There is a forum where you can chat to others and lots of interesting articles and information about life in Portugal. Registered users can also post free classified ads.
- Portugal Friends organises regular events for foreigners in Portugal, with the aim being for people to have an opportunity to meet others and socialise.
- Do you have problems with confidence, concentration, commitment, motivation or memory when learning Portuguese? If you answered yes to any one of those, hypnotherapy could be the answer. It has been successfully used by many people to aid their language learning, so why don’t you find out more from Hypnotherapy for Language Learning The first session is FREE,with no commitment to continue should you not wish to do so.
- www.languagemicasa.com learn Portuguese and Spanish in Cape Town
I have a list of good sites for learning Portuguese, mostly with free material on them that I will be posting shortly, so watch this space :) Here’s a few to get started:
This is a nice blog with tutorials on pronunciation. Brasillian Portuguese, but well worth a look http://www.transparent.com/portuguese/
/index.aspxis a site which has short stories in European Portuguese (aimed at children) which you can read and also listen to. The vocabulary may be difficult, but you can pick out and listen to the words you know, and learn new words too!
This looks like a good site – here (I hope!) is a module on describing yourself. You can find partners to practise Portuguese and, I think, teachers here too. It seems like some of the site is aimed at selling you courses, but there’s free stuff here too. Let me know if you like it (or not…) Language Module – fluentfuture